The following represent only a few of the hundreds of high profile cases mediated and settled by Robert Smith of American Mediation Association. The original pleadings in the cases illustrated below averaged over One Million ($1,000,000.00) Dollars.
• A Tragic accident took the life of this 14 year old boy, when his Bicycle ran under a Tractor-Trailer rig at a Fort Worth highway intersection. Suit brought by the family through the Law Office of Todd Smith.
• Suit brought by Leyh & Payne,L.L.P against the owner of a large Sand & Gravel firm for recovery of more than a half-million dollars in Promissory Notes.
• Brought by the Law Offices of William Edwards (Corpus Christi) and The Cochran Firm (Houston) Plaintiff injured in an automatic door accident, later had below knee amputation. $500k in medicals. Settlement sealed.
• Brought by the Law Offices of Curnutt & Hafer, L.L.P. for severe injuries caused when Plaintiff was rear ended by Defendant at 60 MPH on LBJ Freeway. Specials exceeded $200k. Settlement sealed.
A Million Dollar suit brought by the Law Offices of Alton C. Todd on behalf of their client, who was seriously injured in an oil field accident. Specials were in excess of $200k. near Limits case.
• Million Dollar suit brought by the Houston Law Offices of Jim Adler, Michael Gomez, Attorney, against two Defendants in a construction accident where Ramirez was working, in a cherry picker basket, and was struck in the head when a steel cable and hook detached under pressure. Ramirez suffered severe brain injury and had medical bills in excess of $400k. Settlement Sealed.
- Multi-million dollar suit brought by Wells, Purcell, Kraatz & Brookman (Fort Worth). Plaintiff was permanently injured in a residential construction accident. Defended by Sandy Liser of Naman Howell Smith & Lee; Bryan Reese and Jennifer Lee of Fee, Smith, Sharp & Vitullo; William Hancock of Borum & Hancock and Malcolm Deshong (Houston). Settlement Sealed.
- Million Dollar suit brought by the Law Offices of Mark Cusack (San Marcos). Plaintiff was severely injured on the job. Case settled at mediation. However the Plaintiff died of a massive heart attack the same day.
- Brought by Chuck Elsey with the Law Firm of Elsey & Elsey (Flower Mound); this case involved severe injuries and permanent disfigurement to the 50 yr old Plaintiff when he was broadsided in an intersection accident. Settlement sealed.
- Attorneys Raymond Hatcher (Longview) and Jeffrey Weinstein (Athens). A tragic accident on a bridge south of Chandler, Texas, which took the lives of two people and severely injured two others. A Sanitation truck lost the front steering tire and crashed into two oncoming vehicles. Policy limits.
- Brought by Jonathan Harris of Schecter, McElwee, Shaffer & Harris (Houston, Texas). Ronnell Birdon, a 40-year-old truck driver, suffered serious and permanent injuries when a tractor, pulling a grass mower struck a highway light pole, knocking it over and into the windshield and cab of the Dump truck Birdon was driving. Near policy limits.